The new fence is finished, two small beds are added, we have decided how the paving should be laid for the patio, and we have moved the Viburnum Plicatum, the only remaining shrub, and hope for the best.
The fence is progressing well and should be completed tomorrow. I am also thinking about making a small change to the beds, returning to the original design in fact! This should please the designer!
The new fence is starting to go up, but there are some tricky problems to solve along the way. The back wall is now clear and looks suitably old, apart from the reinforcement in the middle which will need attention.