Fordham Park in New Cross

Today Fordham Park is owned and managed by the Borough of Lewisham, but back in 1619 the area was owned by James 1. Clifton Rise, which today leads from the main New Cross road into one side of the Park, was called ‘Wolve Acre Lane’ and the area was farmland. In the 1840s John Avann…