The back wall was cleared of ivy today, and after two weeks we now have a new fence, a brick wall, and a flint wall.
The new fence is finished, two small beds are added, we have decided how the paving should be laid for the patio, and we have moved the Viburnum Plicatum, the only remaining shrub, and hope for the best.
The fence is progressing well and should be completed tomorrow. I am also thinking about making a small change to the beds, returning to the original design in fact! This should please the designer!
We have come to the end of the first week and a huge amount has been achieved: the flint wall and the back, brick wall have been uncovered; the garden has been pegged out; the sleepers are down; the skip is full of roots and ivy, and the stumps have been ‘ground’ out.
We are pegging out the shape of the garden and the sleepers are going down.
More demolition today.