Woollon House is a small block of flats on one side of Sidney Square in Tower Hamlets. The Square was developed in the 1820s and the central garden was bought by the LCC in 1904 and opened to the public in 1904. Currently local residents are working to restore the gardens. Behind Woollon House is a rectangular garden which stretches the length of the block and which has been created by a dedicated and determined lady for the benefit of the residents. This unexpectedly peaceful garden is just a few minutes’ walk from the busy Commercial Road and it will be open on Sunday 18 June during Open Garden Squares Weekend.