The Conduit in Eltham is the remains of a mediaeval brick conduit head which probably dates from the 16th century. It stands in a small open space next to Holy Trinity Church.
The conduit head
Wooden pipes brought water here from a spring in the warren higher up the hill. The spring is still visible in the grounds of The Eltham Warren Golf Club.
The conduit head filtered the water somehow. The water then ran in pipes to Eltham Palace. The conduit head is a scheduled monument.
The conduit head stands in a small ‘meadow’ and below that, to the south, is the ‘great conduit meadow’ which is now a sports field.
Church of the Holy Trinity
The Church of the Holy Trinity stands in Southend Crescent. It is a Grade II listed building. The church dates from 1868-1909. It is listed because it is the work of two architects famous in the Gothic revival movement: George Edmund Street and Sir Arthur Blomfield and Sons.
The conduit head is an interesting little structure and an unexpected surprise in the back streets of suburban Eltham in south east London.
 Conduit Head: https://www.averyhillpark.org.uk/whats-in-the-park.html