I have been following The Propagator for a while now and today I decided to ‘have a go’, so here are my Six on Saturday!
1. William Shakespeare is just starting to flower – a wonderful sight and equally wonderful scent. I have struggled with this rose because it kept falling over, but it seems to have strengthened over a few years and the branches are now supporting the large flower heads.
2. An unknown white rose is draped over the back gate. I don’t remember seeing much of this rose in the past but a sycamore has been cut down, and ivy has been cut back and this is the beautiful result.
3. Large pink paeonies are surrounded by purple heuchera. They are wonderful! I think this is a paeony lactiflora but not sure of the exact name.
4. Nepeta ‘Six Hills Giant’ is crowded with with bees at all times of the day!
5. The Acanthus Mollis are getting ready to put on a show!
6. And Stipa Gigantea is flowering and beautiful in the evening light.
And those are my first Six on Saturday in The Fortnight Garden.